domingo, setembro 19, 2010

Egyptology Conferences...

Back from London and the BEC conference organized by the EES at the British Museum.
The Book of The Dead exhibition is coming in November and I will be there in January, insh' allah...


Made interesting contacts for future internships, the only catch is that I have to find the money as they do not pay...Met more colleagues which I had only contacted online. Had nice talks at lunch times, coffee breaks...Experienced another two hotels in London Bloomsbury area, not to repeat...and even had the opportunity to be close to an editor' stand with my publications next to me...closer is impossible...Visited the newly refurbished Jewish Museum and saw rare books on loan.





Had to go to Heathrow via The Express as the Tube had a minor disruption on the Piccadilly Line that weekend...

Arrived at Lisboa almost at midnight just to be up next morning for the Iberian Egyptology Conference, held for two days at my favourite Pharmacy Museum and another two days at the very shallow, bright and modern Communications Museum, which I do not like...

The last day was a day trip day to Sintra, visiting magical places (those of you that are my friends on Facebook can see more pics)...it was also useful to have more interesting chats with more colleagues from Spain and South America...

Now it is time to continue my writing and my applications as well as planning my next Egypt trip...:)

Have to say that some colleagues, if I can call them that, at the Lisboa conference, have the nerve to go and present a paper about something thay did years ago...they are not doing research now...they even left Egyptology, they are just 'curious' people...and the organization allows these people to come to an international event and show how weak they are...

The excavations' presentations were excellent, many new finds, and some papers on texts and amulets made my day!

I had to skip some as I need groceries, sleep and to rest my swollen legs after a day wearing tightening socks...they don't prevent my legs from swelling, just from exploding...

Sem comentários: