sexta-feira, setembro 03, 2010

Egyptology Conferences...

 After a magnificent time in Italy for the CIPEG meeting, held at Montepulciano and excellent organization by Dr. Tiradritti, director of the Harwa expedition in Egypt, I am looking forward to go back next year for the Egypt and the Aegean Conference...


And another Egyptology conference calls...this time in London, at the British Museum (11-12 Sep). Pic of Sotheby's entrance by Tine Bagh from Copenhagen (her blog http://tinebagh.wordpress.com/).







The program is at the clickable link in the title, an EES event. I am looking forward to hear many of the speakers, but my trip, being shortened by the Iberian Egyptology Conference the day after (13-17 Sep) in Lisboa...  has other stops.

I intend to visit the refurbished Jewish Museum, to see the Vatican hebrew book on loan,  the Taschen shop, and some other places where I usually find useful and interesting things to bring back home...



Not presenting anything this time but surely learning from the speakers there...also meeting colleagues/friends...planning collaboration works...and possibly/very likely buying some books...the usual.
It is a shame TFL chose this particular weekend to work on part of the Piccadilly line, as I will have to spend more money and go by tube to Paddington and then use the Heathrow Express...
It will surely be another good weekend spent with friends, talking about our Egyptological subjects, new partnerships ventured, new conferences planned, more trips to come, insh'allah, and more medicine buying at Boots, especially my 'knee wonder' the glucosamine-chondroitine pill...

Have a medium list of books to buy, but I cannot carry too much weight (maybe I will post them to myself) and cannot afford to buy them all at once...maybe one...or two...posting here some of them...

Sem comentários: